Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

View NX2 vs Elements 9 Raw Conversion

Sourav

Bangalore, IN
18 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Sourav Registered since 16th Nov 2010
Sat 20-Nov-10 09:19 AM

First of all, I am kind of new to RAW workflows. So, please excuse my ignorance.

I have been using ViewNX 2 for quite some time after starting to shoot with a DSLR. Recently I have been shooting more and more with RAW so I wanted to evaluate a better RAW converter. I have just installed a trial version of Elements 9 which has ACR 6.1 included. While comparing a recently shot image at 100% crop between ViewNX2 and ACR, I find the ACR picture is slightly softer. This is with the default conversion in both the software. Can somebody please help me understand what can be the reason for this? I have included 100% crops from both the tools below.

View NX2 Converted File:

Click on image to view larger version

ACR Converted File:
Click on image to view larger version

"You just have to live and life will give you pictures." - Henri Cartier-Bresson

G