Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
beachwalker

Concord, US
125 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
beachwalker Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2003
Thu 14-Oct-10 03:30 PM

I recently installed ViewNX2 and while it opens fine, changing to the full screen view, or to any other view except the initial view, and changing to Edit, causes the program to crash ("...encounter a problem, have to close..."). After trying to sort it out and being unsuccessful, I did the uninstall provided with the program, and then did a new install. Same problem. I did another uninstall and then trashed the download, thinking that perhaps that was the issue. I pulled in a new download and went through the install - and have the same issue. Is it ViewNX2 or my machine? I am running an AMD Athlon XP3200+ at 2.20GHz with 2 gigs of memory running XP with SP3 - granted its not the newest machine on the block but it handles all of my needs (CaptureNX2 v2.2.4 is my main PP application: works fine, decent processing time, never crashes, keeps me happy) - until I can find the cash to upgrade. Is it my equipment, or ViewNX2, or is something else going on that I'm not aware of? Any ideas/thoughts are appreciated. Have a great day -

“There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept.”
— Ansel Adams

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: ViewNX2 or My Computer?

G