Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Cataloguing, or cataloging, besides LR3, what is suggested?

Robman3

West of Santa Monica, US
1842 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010
Thu 12-Aug-10 07:45 PM | edited Thu 12-Aug-10 07:50 PM by Robman3

I'm learning the craft of work-flow after the fact.

Having a nest of images that is somewhere over 27,000 beginning around 2002.

I'm spending evenings reviewing files and inserting my own colloquial keywords for the time being.

Is there a preferred program that can be used in concert with CNX, to sort and or allow additional perhaps more generic keywords to be inserted, and which can filter images in context, by file number, keyword, type etc?

For now, Adobe Lightroom version 3 is not an option. This build has issues with crashing and import/export protocols, and is completely unusable for a lot of people. A check of their forum will verify this.

That's $300 tossed in my case. Guess that makes me a tosser.

So, any suggestions are appreciated in advance and if the questions seem lame, that's OK.

The wealth of real-time experience and information here is more concise and reliable than a search generally in the web.

Thanks,

Rob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Cataloguing, or cataloging, besides LR3, what is su...

G