Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon Transfer and renaming files error

farbster

Stevenson, US
92 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
farbster Registered since 27th Mar 2007
Thu 05-Aug-10 05:18 PM

Hi,

I have used Nikon Transfer for a while and I've been happy with it. I am having a problem and think maybe I'm just missing something simple.

I am importing from a SD Card and want to rename the files on the transfer. I chose a name something like "Lawrence_London-Paris_08012010_001.jpg

The last part "001" is the sequential number and it is supposed to go from there.

When I go to run the import, it goes ok, but then it starts the number at something like 457. the first time I did it, I looked in Explorer, as the import was going on, and the files started properly at _001. However, upon completion, it changed the sequence number. I deleted the file and made sure that the number was reset to 001 on Nikon Transfer.

This is on a brand new pc running Win 7.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Lawrence

G