Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Howto use Capture NX2 with Windows 7 x64

Exi

Stuttgart, DE
64 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
Exi Gold Member Nikonian since 30th Jun 2003
Thu 17-Dec-09 01:44 PM

Hello all Nikonians,

yesterday, 2009-12-16, Nikon Europe published Capture NX 2.2.4 for download. This version was build to address Windows 7 x64 compatibility.

Installing older version (up to 2.2.3) may result in problems with Nikons Message Center. To solve this problem, all previous versions of Nikon Transfer, Nikon View NX and Nikon Capture NX2 have to be uninstalled from your x64 Windows system. Be sure to uninstall all separate software parts from Nikon to like File Uploader, Nikon Message Center etc. too.

Then install Capture NX2 v2.2.4 first. The downloaded file can be installed on a fresh system, even if you only have an Upgrade Serial number. I my case, I was not asked for the older serial number like in previous updates.

From my experience, I recommend to install Nikon Transfer 1.5.1 after Capture NX2 v2.2.4. If you want to have Nikon View NX 1.5.0 also on your Windows 7 x64 system, this should be installed after Nikon transfer.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays

Greetings from Germany

Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Exler
Nikonian in Stuttgart, Germany

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Howto use Capture NX2 with Windows 7 x64