Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Sportymonk

Rocky Mount, US
814 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Sportymonk Registered since 16th Jul 2007
Thu 22-Apr-10 12:29 AM

I have dust on my D300 and the local camera shop could not get it off. I have sent it into Nikon for cleaning (the camera shop said Nikon would be able to get it clean). In the meantime, I have tried to use the Dust Ref Photo and Image Dust Off in Capture NX.

I took a Ref photo (creates a NDF file). and then opened NX (Ver 1). Camera shop had taken JPEG photos to make viewing easier but I had some files that were Raw (NEF). When I open NX, it doesn't find the dust off ref photo as it should. I direct it to the appropriate directory but the NEF and the NDF files are grayed out. I read somewhere that they have to be in the same directory so I wound up transferring both files (NDF and NEF) to the applications folder the NX is in. (so all three are in the same subdirectory). Still the same result. I can direct it to the directory but the files themselves are grayed out and it won't find the NDF file???

I have contacted Nikon Tech Support and they have had me submit a system something. Had to do it twice. Now have submitted the NDF and NEF files. They haven't figured it out yet.

I am using an 2003 Apple Powerbook with NX 1. NX seems to work fine otherwise.

Any clues what could be the problem?

Nikonians is the Smithsonian of Nikon knowledge. If there is a question they can't answer, I want to see the question.

My Gallery: www.HLDPhotos.com
My Blog : www.HLDPhotos.blogspot.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: NX (1) Dust Removal Doesn't Work?

G