Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Capture NX-D just shocked me with NEF image quality

Ajjra

Brooklyn, US
104 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Ajjra Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2010
Sat 08-Mar-14 06:08 PM | edited Sat 08-Mar-14 06:08 PM by Ajjra

I have been shooting raw and processing the raw files in various engines such as apple's Aperture, Adobe Photoshop, and Capture One for about 9 years now.

I just went and shot some images to try out Nikon Capture NX-D Beta. These files are at a better starting point and in some cases a better endpoint just loading them into NX-D then I seem to be able to achieve with the other raw converters. All the photos look exceptional and completely natural.

I'm shocked. I don't particularly care for the program, but the photos just look great.

Am I essentially witnessing the value of the software being able to read the in camera settings at the time I shot these RAW files?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX-D just shocked me with NEF image quality

G