Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Image Corruption seem related to Capture NX2

mholka

Brownstown Twp, US
410 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mholka Registered since 04th Jan 2011
Wed 05-Jun-13 09:26 PM

Hello everyone,

I hope you all might be able to help me.

Recently I started getting a line of corruption through my images when I open the raw (NEF) file in Capture NX2 2.4.2. I noticed that the line is always oriented horizontal when in horizontal. The line is inconsistently placed and in some images I have multiple lines and they typically go from one side of the image to the other (long horizontal side of the image).

First I thought it was a bad card. But it has happened on several cards (CF and SD both). Then I thought it might be the camera (D800e)which is 4 months old. No bath's or drops!

But now I am seeing this happen on my desktop computer but NOT my laptop. Both have NX2 2.4.2. But if I open the NEF on my laptop then I never see the line in the NEF. But if I first open the NEF on my desktop and save a copy in either NEF or JPG the line exists regardless of the device used to view it.

So I am stumped. I have tried different cards, readers and having the camera tethered to my desktop and I get the same results. Also if I clear the cache and reopen the NEF file (original) the line still appears but could be fainter or more intense.

I have attached a sample image to show you what I am experiencing.

Shoot, shoot and shoot some more!

--Martin
www.ExclusivePhotoWorks.com
Nikon Body's
D800e, D300s, D7000, D90, D80, F100

Lenses:
18 - 200 F3.5-5.6 VRII, 70-200 F2.8 VR II,
18 - 105 F3.5-5.6 VR, 18 - 135 F3.5-5.6,
35 - 70 F2.8, 50 F1.4, 70 - 300 F4-4.5,
Sigma 150-500 F5-6.3

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.