Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
robsb

San Jose, US
14850 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006
Wed 08-May-13 03:09 AM

If you are a user of CNX2, you have most likely heard over and over how you should move to Adobe products because Nikon was going to drop CNX2, blah, blah. blah. Well Adobe is in the process of stabbing loyal users who are not making their living using their products by forcing them to a cloud based subscription solution which is way more expensive than the old licensed boxed Photoshop product. Right now LR is not in that mode but the hand writing seems to be on the wall. Yet here we are with our Nikon CNX2 not being upgraded to a new super duper version but we are getting FREE updates every time a new Nikon Camera comes out along with bug fixes. If you take a peek at the Nikonians Adobe forum or better yet the actual Adobe site you will see many unhappy people who now realize that if they don't continue with a cloud subscription they will soon have a dead end product even if they have CS6 because Adobe plans to stop supporting it once the boxed versions are no longer available for sale. I have Photoshop CS6 extended but since I do not use ACR, my version is always going to work with my CNX2 shipping TIFFs to it.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!
Old age is a special gift that very few receive. Be thankful if you get it.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Adobe forcing a move to the cloud