Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Sign up Login
Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!

avm247

Rancho Cordova, US
18758 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!"

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter Member
Thu 13-Sep-12 05:01 AM

My first Nikon (N70) had one AF central AF point with Wide and Spot modes; my second and third Nikon had 5 (N80 and F100). Fourth body (D700) has 51 AF points.

I remember and kind of miss the simpler 1 AF point...center focus point on the subject, lock AF and metering by depressing the shutter half-way, recompose, release the shutter. Worked 99% of the time, the other 1% was when light levels were too low to AF so the solution was to switch to Manual Focusing. Not sure I need all the focus points, but then again, I'm not really an action/sports photographer.

Video would be nice.

Base ISO is 100 and goes up to 6400.

Memory is SD/SDHC/SDXC x 2 slots.

Wireless Mobile Adapter WU-1b looks interesting.

Compatibility with G and D lenses, some PC, AI and AI-S MF lenses in A and M modes. LOVE IT!!!!

Looks like Nikon has a winner!


Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

This is a hot, active topic! Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit! [View all] , retzius75 , Thu 13-Sep-12 02:11 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
1
Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
3
Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
2
Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
4
     Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
6
     Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
23
Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
5
Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
7
     Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
8
Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
9
Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
10
Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
11
Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
12
     Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
13
     Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
14
          Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
16
               Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
17
Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
18
Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
15
Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
19
Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
20
     Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
21
          Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
22
               Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
24
Reply message RE: Its official! $2100 body only, $2700 kit!
25