Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D-600, teleconverter, and Nikkor 18-200mm lens

avm247

Rancho Cordova, US
18758 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D-600, teleconverter, and Nikkor 18-200mm lens"

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter Member
Mon 24-Sep-12 10:16 PM

Supposedly, the D600 can AF down to f/8 and -1EV. Pretty amazing, though pushing the limits of technology. Might be better to manually focus or use an IR AF focusing aid (such as the ones on accessory speedlights).

I don't think a TC on an 18-200 makes much sense, I think a better solution would be to get a faster or longer reaching tele zoom lens.

TCs are tools, and should be used under specific conditions, they can degrade image quality vs. a lens used without a TC, but do add some additional reach at the cost of speed. They shouldn't be used all the time, however.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

A general, generic topic D-600, teleconverter, and Nikkor 18-200mm lens [View all] , kernelD , Sat 22-Sep-12 05:42 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D-600, teleconverter, and Nikkor 18-200mm lens