Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 Gone, Faith Restored In Nikon

hamjam

Lincoln, US
256 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D600 Gone, Faith Restored In Nikon"

hamjam Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Oct 2008
Thu 12-Sep-13 09:40 PM

Hi Folks,

Well after 10 months of ownership, two shutter mechanism changes by Nikon Repair, and at least 10 wet cleanings by my dealer, Nikon agreed to refund the purchase price of my D600.

To clarify, Nikon agreed to take back my D600,through my dealer, and send my dealer a brand new D600 at no charge to him.

I just returned my D600 to my dealer, he credited me with the original price I paid on my D600, and I took home a brand new D800, paying him the difference between the two bodies.

My dealer worked out this arrangement along with support from his Nikon Rep.

For me as a Nikon customer, I've had my confidence restored in Nikon.

For those of you who have never had a problem with your D600, I say happy shooting. Overall I still think the D600 is a good camera, but in my case I could no longer live with the Lemon, that I had, nor did I have the confidence to try out another one.

Jim

Visit `My Nikonians gallery` WWW.JMHAMMONDPHOTOGRAPHY.COM.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D600 Gone, Faith Restored In Nikon [View all] , hamjam Silver Member , Thu 12-Sep-13 07:40 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 Gone, Faith Restored In Nikon