Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Eyeglass wearers and viewfinders

BR

Glen Mills, US
542 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Eyeglass wearers and viewfinders"

BR Registered since 17th Nov 2006
Thu 20-Sep-12 11:17 PM

One of the reasons I've been considering the D600 is that I've heard how much nicer the larger FX viewfinder is compared to DX. So I stopped in at a store today to look at the D600. I noticed right away that, although the viewfinder image was sharp, I was not seeing all of it because my glasses kept my eyes at a distance from the camera. When I got home, I found the same thing on my D200 - just never really noticed before how the corners were cut off probably because I mainly do portraits with the subject near the center of the frame.

So if the smaller D200 viewfinder image is being cut off at the corners, then is it not true that there will be no gain by going to an even large viewfinder, or am I missing something here? If so, is there any way to get around all this for an eyeglass wearer other than going to contact lenses (which I don't want to do)?

Barry

A general, generic topic Eyeglass wearers and viewfinders [View all] , BR , Thu 20-Sep-12 09:17 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Eyeglass wearers and viewfinders