Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Quick Battery Question - Ser # = Age

luckyphoto

Port Charlotte, US
1055 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Quick Battery Question - Ser # = Age"

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010
Sun 18-Aug-13 12:47 PM

If it's just a curiosity issue, I would feel comfortable that the first 4 digits are the year of manufacture, but the next four may be month and day or possibly batch number. My three EN-EL15 batteries conform to a year, month and day format because they start with 2010 or 2012, the next two digits are less than 12 and the remaining two digits are less than 31.

If you're looking at battery age as an indicator of remaining battery quality you should probably look at the remaining battery life rather than the oldest. Newer batteries may have less remaining life than older ones based on how they were used, stored, number of charges, etc. You can check remaining battery life by checking Battery Information on the D7000 menu, if you're interested.

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Quick Battery Question - Ser # = Age [View all] , BillS52 Silver Member , Sat 17-Aug-13 02:46 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Quick Battery Question - Ser # = Age