Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
tfeazel

Polk City, US
992 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: RAW/JPG"

tfeazel Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 12th Sep 2004
Fri 09-Aug-13 08:46 PM

I use 2 cards, One 32 GB or so in slot 1, and one 8GB in the bottom slot.
Using the top for NEF and the bottom for JPG, I find that they fill up at about the same time. That's the way it worked on my D7000, where I got into the habit of doing this. My D600, where the files are much larger, works out about the same.
I have had no incidents of JPGs mixed in with NEFs, or vice versa except when I forgot to put one of the cards in, and I've been doing this for 2 years.
Just a suggestion, but separating the two file types on different cards may help you keep the separation cleaner, and do what you want.

Tom

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic RAW/JPG [View all] , JohnInsa Silver Member , Thu 08-Aug-13 07:36 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: RAW/JPG