Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need some advice after home burglary yesterday

blakeboyd

Bend, US
381 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Need some advice after home burglary yesterday"

blakeboyd Registered since 23rd Aug 2009
Mon 08-Jul-13 09:00 AM

Perrone, Tom, Ken & Marty. thanks for the valuable input and suggestions. It seems the vote is still a bit split, but leaning the way I was also with the D800. Sounds like I really can do no harm with either choice.

I sincerely appreciate all the warm thoughts and private messages. Not an experience I would wish on my worse Canon friend haha. Luckily, I have plenty of insurance, but some of my older lenses are going to be hard to replace. Feels like losing an old friend.

Ken, I did visit the site you suggested. Most likely the thief isn't going to be the end-user, but I would love to get my camera back anyway. Thanks for the great input.

A bit of advise to all, be sure to document ALL of your equipment down to the smallest memory card. Take pix of EVERY filter, card reader etc you have. Amazing how much we all invest into this gear over time and the small items add up fast!

Thanks,
Blake

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Need some advice after home burglary yesterday [View all] , blakeboyd , Sun 07-Jul-13 03:21 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need some advice after home burglary yesterday