Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Exposure differences in live view vs. normal view

AreJay

Huntington, US
20 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Exposure differences in live view vs. normal view"

AreJay Registered since 08th Jan 2008
Fri 21-Jun-13 04:08 PM

This is weird - I'm shooting at f1.8, 1/250, ISO 200 in manual exposure mode. The exposure setting in normal view (through the viewfinder) stays exactly the same when I switch to live view as I would expect. However when I change to aperture mode (exposure setting is still f1.8, 1/250, ISO 200) and switch from normal view to live view, the shutter speed changes to 1/60. In other words, in aperture mode the shot is overexposed in live view vs. normal view even though f-stop and ISO are the same. I would expect the setting to remain the same just as they did when shooting in manual mode.

Any ideas on why this is happening? Why is the exposure changing in live view while in aperture mode when everything else (subject, f-stop, ISO, lighting, etc.) is the same?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Exposure differences in live view vs. normal view [View all] , AreJay , Fri 21-Jun-13 02:08 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Exposure differences in live view vs. normal view