Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Live View Limitations, Aperture Adjustment, Preview Acc...

stuart benas

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Live View Limitations, Aperture Adjustment, Preview Accuracy"

stuart benas Registered since 27th Jun 2013
Sat 29-Jun-13 01:28 AM

john- thanks you are a genius. i posted the same question on dp****w.com and no one had a clue.

i opened up the aperture to 1.4, went into live view, zoomed in and got the focus right. then i set the aperture. its like programming a manual focus lens. you need to tell live view what the max aperture is before you can make adjustments. strange but it works.

so live view gives you DoF preview (actually stops down the lens) but meters the preview assuming the lens is still open to the max aperture.

if you figured this maybe you explain why the auto focus on my ais lenses wont work. just kidding

A general, generic topic Live View Limitations, Aperture Adjustment, Preview Acc... [View all] , cwb1014 , Wed 08-May-13 05:58 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Live View Limitations, Aperture Adjustment, Preview...