Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
TOMIARTZ

US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Is it dust or oil?"

TOMIARTZ Registered since 22nd Apr 2013
Wed 08-May-13 05:38 PM

I have the same pesky oil spots as yours but I rather wet clean then send it in to Nikon. It literally takes about 4 passes w/ 1 sheet of pec pad cut into halves and wrapped over a swab w/ couple of drops of eclipse. Mind you I've never done a wet clean before owning the d600. I do this every other shoot and my sensor is spotless regardless of oil or dust. This is routine maintenance so I'm puzzled as to why other people are screaming bloody murder with a few specs of dust or oil. I know I will handle my camera with greater care than who knows what at the Nikon service center. Plus there won't be any chance they'll be sending back my $2000 camera w/ impact damage or just drop it off the front door without a signature request. If you still plan to send it off just be sure you document and date everything for your own peace of mind, just saying...Good luck and happy shooting!

A general, generic topic Is it dust or oil? [View all] , Jamed600 Gold Member , Tue 07-May-13 10:43 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is it dust or oil?