Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon ESC Registration

Jamed600

Naperville, US
471 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Nikon ESC Registration"

Jamed600 Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Mar 2013
Sun 28-Apr-13 03:59 PM

I am new to Nikon equipment having had Canon for 20 years. In January bought a D600 and NAS struck so now have several lenses, etc. last week I got around to looking at the little yellow warranty manifold sheets and saw the fine print on the bottom line sayIng only ten days to register for 4 year ESC. Is this rigidly enforced by Nikon and do they make you produce the original invoice during that period?

Yes, shame on me for not reading all the fine print in the first week (all i wanted to do for the first two weeks was play with the camera and read and try to understand the manual) but also shame on Nikon. The ten day limit should have been the largest print on the yellow page but what catches your eye is the gold star label shouting 5 years protection included (that has no mention of the ten days). It feels like they don't want to honor 5 year coverage and so set you up to fail. So far I love Nikon stuff; this just leaves a sour taste. All equipment was bought from B&H and I would have hoped this would have been mentioned by their reps but nothing was said.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong forum, couldn't find a title that seemed to fit.

A topic tagged as having a question Nikon ESC Registration [View all] , Jamed600 Gold Member , Sun 28-Apr-13 01:59 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon ESC Registration