Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Metering HDR in D600

tfeazel

Polk City, US
992 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Metering HDR in D600"

tfeazel Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 12th Sep 2004
Fri 26-Apr-13 10:56 PM

I thought I had a ready answer for this, but upon reflection, I realize that my logic was wrong.
I'll state what I do, which is for landscapes using in-camera HDR, meter for the brighter part of the image with the averaging meter, usually, sometimes the spot meter if there's a single important feature, and seldom with the matrix meter.
Other shots I bounce between spot and matrix.
Outdoors, I often use a -2/3 exposure bias, sometimes as much as -1 1/3.
Bracketed HDR, I shoot 3, eyeball the bias, and use 1 stop separation.
I find that, for my tastes, the D600 tends toward overexposure outdoors, right on indoors.
Lots of intuition going on here, but it's hard to put 50 years into a paragraph.
Hope this helps.

Tom

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Metering HDR in D600 [View all] , Victor777 Gold Member , Fri 26-Apr-13 03:36 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Metering HDR in D600