Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 - Dirt/Oil Still Exist?

James23p

Memphis, US
11258 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D600 - Dirt/Oil Still Exist?"

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004
Wed 17-Apr-13 04:10 AM

It seems that most members who have bought a D600 in the past two months have had little problems with Oil and severe dust. Mine is perfect just a few small dust spots that only show up at f22 and smaller and only when I over process them, plus the few I had blew off with my rocket blower no wet cleaning needed and that was after doing a wedding where I switched lens a few times and took over 400 pictures.

Now I have seen sensor shots of some D600 that had so much dust and debris it had to come from the camera and I hope Nikon fixes or replaces those D600 as the few I saw where unusable even at f5.6! But I think the problem has died down and the D600 is so good I would take the chance if you buy from a reputable dealer and test your D600 out if there is a problem you can exchange it or send it to Nikon to have them fix it.

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

Click on image to view larger version

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

A general, generic topic D600 - Dirt/Oil Still Exist? [View all] , mlcinema , Mon 15-Apr-13 09:35 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 - Dirt/Oil Still Exist?