Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

uploading D600 raw images

blw

Richmond, US
28566 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: uploading D600 raw images"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Sun 14-Apr-13 02:45 PM

I think David's right. 220 images converted to JPEG full size will be pretty big. I just exported one of my 12mp NEFs as a full-size JPEG and it's 11MB. Your D600 file should be twice that or thereabouts, call it 20MB. You are attempting to upload 4.4GB, which is quite a lot. Most internet users in the US have about 1 Mbit uplink speeds if they are on typical cable modem / DSL / etc lines. At those speeds, you're looking at ten hours - assuming that they don't throttle you, and there are no interruptions. (Your D300 would be only half as bad, incidentally.)

For comparison, typical wireless networks in homes are 54Mbit or 144Mbit.

I don't think you have a problem at all, actually!

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic uploading D600 raw images [View all] , Jim Sack Silver Member , Sun 14-Apr-13 10:16 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: uploading D600 raw images