Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Second Sensor Cleaning

mpage

San Jose, US
351 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Second Sensor Cleaning"

mpage Registered since 29th Jun 2004
Sat 13-Apr-13 11:51 AM | edited Sun 14-Apr-13 01:14 AM by mpage

Here are the results of the second sensor cleaning on my D600 at 1700 images. The first was at 1000 images.

Here is the actual Blue Sky test image take at f/32 with the Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED lens.

Click on image to view larger version

Even this amount of dust was not showing up on my normal images.

I also did a test image using the procedure described on the Cleaning Digital Cameras Web Site:

http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/inspecting.html

I used a light brown background color. Notice this is just as good as the Blue Sky test images and a lot quicker to capture.

I used the FireFly blower, the VisibleDust Arctic Butterfly 724, and the Sensor Pen for one persistent spec of dust. I did not need the wet method.

The VisibleDust 7x LED loupe made things go faster. It took four tries to get the following result. After I get more experience cleaning sensors, I probably will only need one or two tries.

-Mark-

My Nikonians Gallery

A general, generic topic Second Sensor Cleaning [View all] , mpage , Sat 13-Apr-13 09:51 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Second Sensor Cleaning