Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 Auto Focus Problems

James23p

Memphis, US
11258 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D600 Auto Focus Problems"

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004
Wed 17-Apr-13 03:51 AM | edited Wed 17-Apr-13 03:53 AM by James23p

I will say this the first D600 I got had that exact same problem the AF would not work from the shutter button you could press it half way down and nothing yet if you pressed it all the way down it would fire the shutter. But you could use the AE/AL button when set to AF on and the camera would then AF and you could use the shutter button to take the picture. But I didn't mention it because Adorama took care of me and I mean 3 members of the team worked on my case to get me fixed.(Thanks Liz, Helen and Dexie) I think total turn around time was only a few days and this was during their Passover holiday, plus they sent the replacement next day air.

Another reason I didn't mention it is that the D600 like all new Digital Cameras is a very complex machine and sometimes things just fail. As long as the retailer/Nikon take care of me I am good plus I had my D700 as a backup.

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

Click on image to view larger version

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

A general, generic topic D600 Auto Focus Problems [View all] , allons Silver Member , Sun 14-Apr-13 12:08 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 Auto Focus Problems