Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
FFN

Hudson, US
1196 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Considering Nikon"

FFN Gold Member Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter Member
Mon 06-May-13 12:33 AM

When the Canon 5D MKIII arrived at my local camera shop, I bought one and two good L lenses. It did not perform well for me. Too few keepers and the color, contrast and ISO performance did not seem right to me. After several days of agonizing, I returned to the camera shop and we took out a D800 and D600 Nikon, put the same lens (matched focal length and f) and made a number of test images both indoor and outside. Even the die-hard Canon sales folks said I should return the Canon, which I did for a full refund. Later, I saw the DXO score for the Canon and understood why I was seeing the difference.

If you have a relationship with a pro camera store, why not ask if you can take your memory card and test the three cameras at the store, go home and study the results. For me it made the decision easy to go with the Nikon.

Visit JamesDane.Com.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help Considering Nikon [View all] , Aleness , Fri 12-Apr-13 02:32 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Considering Nikon