Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Victor777

Houston, US
44 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D600 Serial Numbers"

Victor777 Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Sep 2012
Tue 09-Apr-13 08:56 PM

I have received three D600 Cameras. I returned the first two and now have the third. The Serial numbers for cameras are,
1. 3063860
2. 3069290
3. 3061322
It appears that I am receiving previously returned cameras because the serial numbers are not sequential as might be expected. Camera #3 has an earlier serial number than the first two that were received almost three months earlier. I was hoping to get later serial numbers to dodge the dust/oil problem, if possible. The first camera was too dusty, the second had some malfunctioning electronics, and I'll learn if the third is ok later this week. The company is reputable and very robust in the photography community.

Am I getting used cameras, possibly? And, could it be that I am getting someone else's returned problem? Your insight would be helpful. Camera #3 might be the best of the lot, even though the serial number is earlier than even the first camera. Your thoughts please.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question D600 Serial Numbers [View all] , Victor777 Gold Member , Tue 09-Apr-13 06:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 Serial Numbers