Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

So any user reports yet?

EYeye

FORT WORTH, US
411 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: So any user reports yet?"

EYeye Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Sep 2012
Thu 20-Sep-12 03:25 AM

>So some retailers have the D600 in stock. Has anyone picked
>one up yet, ordered it and waiting for delivery?
>
>If you do have one, what are your thoughts?
>
>
>Anthony

Moved up from D80. VERY pleased so far, but as others have noted the manual will take some study. Shot indoors in 1880's houses today at 2000 ISO (would NEVER go there on D80) to success with 50mm 1.4G at 3.2 or so. LOW light,b/c small windows in these old houses. NICE. No noise. Good color rendition.

Shot some flowers at botanical gardens at lunch with native 100 ISO. Had to use -7 EV (right at home for me as D80 shooter). NICE images, much sharper than D80 (& I was fine with D80 there in enough light). Nice IQ, and with FX I FINALLY can shoot above f8 and actually see a WIDE DOF! As though I were back in film days. It was a sunny 16 kind of day.

Needs a dedicated AF-ON button. Programmed Func button on front to do this. Easy to get used to this, but.......

Played a little with the video - wish could shoot looking thru view finder (maybe you can and I do not know how yet) for steadier panning, buit will used tripod if serious about this.

EYeye

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic So any user reports yet? [View all] , avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Tue 18-Sep-12 08:46 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: So any user reports yet?