Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

So any user reports yet?

BGD600

UK
317 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: So any user reports yet?"

BGD600 Registered since 19th Sep 2012
Wed 19-Sep-12 09:40 AM

I picked mine up yesterday and was upgrading from my trusty old d80.

Quick bits of feedback as I've not had much chance to play with it yet:

Have to say the new body is a delight - good feel and chunky enough to feel like a real camera without being too heavy - that said, as with all my bodies a grip will be going on it ASAP. I just find they balance the body better and give me a bit more to grab on to.

Low light shooting is excellent as is IQ and noise control. ISO 3200 was clean and crisp when shooting indoors (birthday party last night!) and a quick test at Hi2 (25,600 or whatever it is) showed a useable (granted noisy) image that I would rather have than no image at all. For those that ever had one, the hi2 on the d600 is far and away better than the d80 could manage at 1600.

Jpeg in std looked so good that I am wondering if I'll now commit RAW to being a "just in case" backup for any images that need serious tweaking and that's saying a lot for me as I've been shooting RAW exclusively for over 5 years...

The manual is 325 pages long, so I expect it to be a while before I've figured all of it out

A general, generic topic So any user reports yet? [View all] , avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Tue 18-Sep-12 08:46 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: So any user reports yet?