Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
GodFather2u

San Jose, US
27 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Viewfinder"

GodFather2u Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2012
Tue 26-Mar-13 08:24 PM | edited Wed 27-Mar-13 02:28 AM by GodFather2u

Hi,

I had the same problem, then started getting dust on the sensors. I was able to clean the dust from the sensors, but the viewfinder debris wouldn't go away. I started developing this debris/dust after 1500+ shutter clicks. The debris from the viewfinder never showed up in any photos, but the dust was visible (barely).

I sent it to Nikon and they cleaned it up under warranty. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!! They replaced the Shutter Mechanism as well. I don't know if this is the solution to the dust problem everyone else seems to be having.

I'll update after another 1000+ shots unless someone else post something regarding the Shutter Mechanism replacement as a "cure" to the dust problem.

-Gerry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Viewfinder [View all] , BGD600 , Tue 26-Mar-13 01:34 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Viewfinder