Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Compare D600 to other brand Cameras

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3573 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Compare D600 to other brand Cameras"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Thu 20-Sep-12 07:41 AM

People who buy based on spec lists do, and most do not even handle or shoot with a new model before buying on-line. With so many people buying way over their skills, little things like a positive anonymous post on a blog or 3 oz weight difference is more than enough to influence the decision.
Regarding C versus N, I was a Canon shooter for a long time with film, the A1 and loved it but when trying to decide on a Digital SLR 4 years ago, and going by spec lists decided on a Rebel Canon. That is, until I visited a camera store and held it. I ended up with my first Nikon, the D90 which I still think is an excellent camera for just about any skill level. On-line sales benefits some brands more then others. Since the D300 or so, I doubt Nikon has made a camera that was not best of class. The D90 sure was better than its direct competitors, same with the D700, D7000, D3x, D3, D3200, D5100, and now the D600 and D800. What takes better images with more DR and color fidelity than each of these models in their class? In the case of the D600, it appears that they leapfrogged several classes, overtaking the 5DIII and probably the 1Dx in image quality.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Compare D600 to other brand Cameras [View all] , RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. , Tue 18-Sep-12 11:45 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Compare D600 to other brand Cameras