Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Compare D600 to other brand Cameras

masteven

Vancouver, CA
10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Compare D600 to other brand Cameras"

masteven Registered since 23rd Jun 2012
Wed 19-Sep-12 11:20 AM

I had to believe Canon is more successful with their marketing. And they focus on both serious photographers and people who's just getting into the hobby. Look at their point and shoot line up and their entry level DSLR. They're virtually everywhere.

At certain point, Canon camera were better at delvering high ISO images, and they always have a larger selection of lenses. And they've always put a lot focus at marketing their cutting edge technology.

Most of the people I know who buy into Canon are chasing the latest technology hype. The only problem is that the camera that you buy will only have the lastest and greatest for a couple of years ir not a couple of months.

I like my Nikon cameras because of the ergonomics, the way the controls/buttons are layout. I am never a big fan of buttons and on screen controls. It's almost like the race between windows and Mac situation. (Canon more like Windows, latest and the greatest with all the bells and whistles while Nikon is like Mac, it just works)

when you're buying into a brand, you are buying into a whole system. The lenses and accessories often cost more than the body. It is a fact that technology will not stop advancing, (better AF, better high ISO performance) I try not to invest in the most expensive camera body and put my money into my lenses. The Canon bodies might actually have better features, but in order for me to switch, I'll have to loose thousands of dollars of investment and I might as well spend that money on a D4 if I'm going after those technical specs.

It does however makes sense for people who is just starting the hobby and that's exactly market sector Canon is going after.

A general, generic topic Compare D600 to other brand Cameras [View all] , RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. , Tue 18-Sep-12 11:45 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Compare D600 to other brand Cameras