Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Dust and oil problem is it still present on newer bodie...

mpage

San Jose, US
351 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Dust and oil problem is it still present on newer bodies?"

mpage Registered since 29th Jun 2004
Tue 26-Mar-13 08:39 AM | edited Wed 27-Mar-13 01:00 AM by mpage

Tim,

I found the Lenspen SensorKlear II with Articulated Tip very useful. They cost about $11 at B&H. I use it as part of my cleaning kit: VisibleDust 7x loupe, FireFly Blower, VisibleDust Arctic Butterfly 724 brush, and VisibleDust swabs and liquid solutions.

The LED lights on the Arctic Butterfly are not effective. They do not illuminate the camera's chamber very well. I use a head-mounted LED light to get a better view of the camera's chamber and digital sensor.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/604569-REG/Lenspen_LENSK1A_SensorKlear_II_with_Articulated.html/BI/4775/KBID/5289/

You might find that you do not need wet cleanings as often if you use the SensorKlear.

Note: I only touch the portion of the sensor with the SensorKlear that needs attention. I do not cover the entire sensor.

-Mark-

My Nikonians Gallery

A general, generic topic Dust and oil problem is it still present on newer bodie... [View all] , NikonMark37814 , Tue 19-Mar-13 03:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Dust and oil problem is it still present on newer b...