Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Dust and oil problem is it still present on newer bodie...

dagoldst

Little Rock, US
3075 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Dust and oil problem is it still present on newer bodies?"

dagoldst Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2012
Thu 21-Mar-13 12:52 AM

>Are we really censoring people on a site dedicated to an art
>form.
>

Yeah, that's my thing, suppressing free expression, especially of artists.

Seriously though, Jason - what more can we possible talk about when it comes to dirt and oil on a sensor, or about people returning cameras, and/or buying cleaning kits, and/or signing online petitions, or/and...? We have HUNDREDS of posts on this in various threads on this topic - do you really think we need more?

I never said, btw, hide the threads. Heck, you can't get past the first page of this forum without seeing all the threads already running hot and heavy - I am amazed at times how little other discussion on the D600 takes place here.

Personally, since returning to Nikonians, I've started threads on the great white balance, the high DR, the low noise, high ISO, etc, etc, of the D600... Get the idea of a trend in my posts? Yes, I admit it, I am a anti-dirtite.

And guess what, the "Please post dust or no dust problems along with your D6...", which was on the first page of the D600 forum for over 4 MONTHS, has 4110 views as of this moment.

Finally, all I said was to consider locking them down for those that would like to read them to become informed. Pin them at the top for ready access if that would help.

In the end, 8 months after the filth issue was first noted, more commentary is just icing on the icing on the icing of the cake.

So, my last 2 cents on the filthy, dirty sensor subject,

David

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof " - Carl Sagan

A general, generic topic Dust and oil problem is it still present on newer bodie... [View all] , NikonMark37814 , Tue 19-Mar-13 03:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Dust and oil problem is it still present on newer b...