Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D600 - Camera RAW files, Nikon Transfer and CS6

kjacl

US
33 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Nikon D600 - Camera RAW files, Nikon Transfer and CS6"

kjacl Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Jun 2006
Mon 18-Mar-13 11:43 PM

I have been using my D600 for a few months and shoot JPEG/RAW. The last three downloads I made I was unable to open the RAW file in CS6, previous folders still had no problem could still open those RAW files. I asked Nikon if they knew why and they told me they could not respond about 3rd party software. It was not CS6 it was Nikon Transfer. The last few times I downloaded files I opened Nikon transfer and according to this blog ( http://forums.adobe.com/message/4949193 ) that was the problem. Nikon transfer v1.x corrupts the RAW file from Nikon D600 camera. I still had images on my SDHC card and downloaded them with Nikon Capture NX and had no problem. Also in the blog was a link to a program that would repair the NEF files and it worked great. Here is link to that program if you need to use it. Has anyone else experienced this problem. Nikon was no help.

Kent

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Nikon D600 - Camera RAW files, Nikon Transfer and CS6 [View all] , kjacl Silver Member , Mon 18-Mar-13 10:43 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D600 - Camera RAW files, Nikon Transfer and C...