Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New D600 / new user. Backfocusing on a couple new lense...

thebland

US
18 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"New D600 / new user. Backfocusing on a couple new lenses? Advice."

thebland Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Feb 2013
Wed 13-Mar-13 11:52 AM

Hi.
I am a new Nikon owner and have recently traded up to a D600 from my old SONY A700. I am a hobbyist and am learning as I go. Purchased a D600 and a 70MM-200 2.8 VRII and a 50mm 1.8.

Bought a lens cal chart and tested my lenses over a couple of days and my 70-200MM requires a -9 micro focus adjust and my 50mm requires a -5 adjust. A bit of fringing on my 50mm and not nearly as sharp as the zoom. Should it be similarly sharp?

Is this in spec or should I try another body (and try and do better). IT seemed to me with a $5K purchase, the tolerances should be tighter.

Want some real world advice. I'm still within the return / exchange window.

Thanks!

A general, generic topic New D600 / new user. Backfocusing on a couple new lense... [View all] , thebland Silver Member , Wed 13-Mar-13 10:52 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New D600 / new user. Backfocusing on a couple new l...