Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
four eighty sparky

US
1653 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: So far?"

four eighty sparky Registered since 08th Apr 2011
Thu 28-Feb-13 06:49 PM

I really like the D600. But there are a few things I'd love to see.

First, I don't need ISO 16,000,000,000. I'd love to have a D600 with a native ISO that starts around 2. Yes... that's right. TWO. Max ISO of 400 maybe.

Nikon can make an Adroid camera, but cannot make a camera that communicates with an Android. C'mon........ how hard can it be to link a smart phone to drive the controls on a modern DSLR?

I'd also like to see an 'All Functions Lock'. Activating this feature prevents accidental changing of anything..... focus mode, shooting mode, etc. Set it and forget it, not worry about, "Why are all of a sudden my images so over/under exposed?" Check, check check........ "Oh, it's because somehow I accidently pushed THIS button!"

3-frame brackets? C'mon! Gimme nine and I'll be happy.

Lastly, the ability to NAME storage folders. None of this 101, 102, 103.... I need "Peterson Wedding" or "Tuesday 5th". DSLRs are nothing but computers with expensive glass stuck on 'em. If I can name a file folder on a computer, why not in a camera?

OK, rant over.

I hate when people ask me what I see myself doing in 5 years...... I don't have 2020 vision!

Visit my website.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question So far? [View all] , jesse101 Silver Member , Thu 28-Feb-13 04:33 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: So far?
Reply message RE: So far? Dust/oil is so bad it's useless.