Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
bducker

Ottawa, CA
10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: So far?"

bducker Registered since 31st Oct 2012
Thu 28-Feb-13 06:24 PM

This is a great camera. I too am loving the image quality and dynamic range of my first full frame camera, having come from the DX world. And as a former D7000 user, the buttons are all in the same spot making the transition easy-peasy.

I am also finding the center focal points a bit too tight for my liking. Having recently borrowed my friend’s D800, it just seems to be spaced out better for the model. Guess I will have to learn to lock and recompose.

Firmware updates…sounds like a healthy list. I am not doing much video yet, nor have I noticed the Info display timing out on me.

It is excellent in low light, and the 24megapixel offers loads of data to work with, even when cropping in post-process.

I wish I hadn’t had the dust issues, but I will not go on about that, as there are dozens of posts here on that topic. I’m also disappointed in Adobe Lightroom 4 not having tethered shooting support for the D600, but that is certainly not Nikon’s fault.

Still loving it. Now I just need to save up for some more quality glass

Enjoy everyone!

Brad

A topic tagged as having a question So far? [View all] , jesse101 Silver Member , Thu 28-Feb-13 04:33 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: So far?
Reply message RE: So far? Dust/oil is so bad it's useless.