Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Red Flash when focus, no focal point box visible

blw

Richmond, US
28559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Red Flash when focus, no focal point box visible"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Sun 24-Feb-13 12:17 PM

0. These are not SD card issues.

1. I am pretty sure that you are in one of the AF area modes, probably one of the more advanced ones. I don't have a D600 (or any recent model) but I think this is changed by pressing the control button in the center of the AF/M switch, and then rotating the front command dial. I have no idea how to tell which mode you're in, although I suspect that if you go fiddle this control, it will be fairly apparent.

2. I find adjusting diopters kind of a pain on all of the cameras, but in general I think you should be looking at individual pixels of the viewfinder display to adjust the diopter control, NOT the image.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic Red Flash when focus, no focal point box visible [View all] , EYeye Silver Member , Sun 24-Feb-13 02:51 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Red Flash when focus, no focal point box visible