Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon offical response to D600 dust/oil issue

TBerryhill

US
47 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon offical response to D600 dust/oil issue"

TBerryhill Registered since 16th Jan 2013
Mon 25-Feb-13 12:43 AM

Talk about fan-boy responses! I really don't understand where this kind of rsponse comes from. Now $2000 is not $20,000, but I think we could all agree that If your new car began exhibiting a problem with the dashboard display or the running lights or the door locking mechanism or any of a number of subsystems not actually related to "get in and get to work" one might be upset to be told that it might be possible to pay to have the car shipped to the nearest service center where they might be able to resolve the problem. Comprende? I am a D600 user and while I have problems that blowers cannot solve I am so far unwilling to deprive myself of my only DSLR so that a service center can "evaluate" it. I can evaluate it myself and easily determine that it builds up crud on the sensor overlay. So far I have been able to remove the offending particles with methods that would probably void my warranty but which allow me to continue to use my camera. I do not have a local friendly service center since I live in a friendly but remote town of about a thousand souls. Response like the one above seem like a thumb in the eye of the thousands?, tens of thousands? Nikon customers who will be subject to a reduced camera function until they are willing to do without the tool that they purchased for an extended period and with no clear guarantee that the tool will be returned in a persistent functional mode. Not that Nikon itself has has been any more gracious. Nikon fanboys please restrain yourselves and refrain from commenting on threads where Nikon users attempt to come to terms with their mixed feelings regarding a flawed tool. I know that many of the fanboys are well supplied with alternate bodies, nearby service centers and a long history of early adopter adaptations, but we are not all in that rosy world and I, for one, resent the dismissal of legitimate grievances. Had any auto recall notices lately? I am sitting on two and I am not happy on that front either. Does that make me any more forgiving of Nikon? No.

This is a hot, active topic! Nikon offical response to D600 dust/oil issue [View all] , FearSys , Fri 22-Feb-13 12:42 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon offical response to D600 dust/oil issue