Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Would you buy a refurbished D600 from Adorama?

Jim Sack

Ballston Spa, US
212 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Would you buy a refurbished D600 from Adorama?"

Jim Sack Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Jul 2008
Fri 05-Apr-13 01:05 AM

This is an update regarding my purchase of a refurbished D600 from Cameta Camera. I ordered the camera last Friday (I mentioned this in a post I wrote about memory cards) and was pleased with the original order, expecting delivery by the middle of the week or so. On Tuesday, I received a phone call while I was away that my bank wouldn't verify my credit info over the phone- a Cameta associate said they always verify that way- and the order was on hold. In the meantime, I received an email Wednesday asking me to shoot a dog agility event indoors on this Saturday morning, a great task for the D600, but not so much for my D300S because of the lighting. I called Cameta and explained my concerns, and was told there was nothing they could do. I would have at least appreciated an apology for not explaining the verification policy to me. I cancelled the order at that time, called Adorama from a Dunkin Donuts parking lot this morning, and ordered the camera, cards, and a reader. I was told the camera will be delivered tomorrow (Friday) so I'll have it in time for my shoot on Saturday. *Helen, are you listening?
Jim
http://www.jimsack.com

Visit

This is a hot, active topic! Would you buy a refurbished D600 from Adorama? [View all] , NikonMark37814 , Mon 18-Feb-13 09:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Would you buy a refurbished D600 from Adorama?