Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 settings for indoor track

weavermt

Glendale, US
47 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D600 settings for indoor track"

weavermt Registered since 31st Aug 2011
Tue 05-Feb-13 02:52 PM

If you can, pre-focus on a point where the action happens. I shoot women's barrel racing and pre-focus on the 2nd/left barrel and get the shot as they come around. Then, using back-button focus, I can then get them coming off the 3rd/back barrel on their run for home...using continuous/AF-C focus and the back button, it allows me to track the rider. When done, I go back to the barrel, hit the back button to focus on it, then wait for the next rider.

In track, say the broad jump, you could focus on the take-off pad and catch the shot as they come off. Or the pole vault, focus on the middle of the cross-bar and get them as they approach/clear it. (this is essentially what we do when photographing equine jumping shows, too).

Just some ideas.

TimW
Phoenix

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D600 settings for indoor track [View all] , poc Silver Member , Mon 04-Feb-13 11:56 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 settings for indoor track