Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Split image focusing screen

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3573 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Split image focusing screen"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Fri 08-Feb-13 07:51 PM

I will bet a 1.4 lens that some Chinese company will love to fill that void and get a D600, or 800 to perfect their product. I am finding that more and more US companies are abandoning markets that have any foreign competition. If Katzeye is too small to be able to rent or buy one of each mode, and sell it afterwards for a very low cost of development than the market has passed them by just like 10,000 other markets that we used to gladly supply for. My own dealings with Chinese producers on a wholesale level suggests they are much more assertive in being willing to supply what is desired. I had a need for some small wireless audio links, several thousand of them. They were to be used by our tour company for guide narration with a transmitter and one reciever for each tourist. I tried to interest US companies and was told it was too small an other to bother with. So I looked to Asia and found a dozen companies willing to do exactly what I wanted for the budget allocated, about $55 per receiver. They did what we agreed on and even sent flowers as a gift for being a new customer and imprinted each unit with our logo which was not asked for. We bought 7,500 of them over a 12 month period. I calculated the parts and assembly costs and it should have a cost of manufacturer at around $11 so $44 profit was not good enough for the US suppliers and perferred to look for bigger fish. I suspect Katzeye has no intension to compete with foreigh producers so will fade away quickly.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Split image focusing screen [View all] , tfeazel Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Sun 03-Feb-13 03:43 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Split image focusing screen