Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Split image focusing screen

tfeazel

Polk City, US
1001 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Split image focusing screen"

tfeazel Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 12th Sep 2004
Mon 04-Feb-13 02:07 AM

Not lots of manual focusing, but what I do is of wildlife, so I don't have much time to do it.
I've been doing this since I was 8, nearly 60 years ago. It seems that the more things become automated, and the lazier we become in the drudgery of things like focusing and getting exposure right, the less we pay attention to the craft of our art.
I think the two aspects of photography go hand-in-hand, and less work in the craft aspect leads to laziness overall.
I have always distrusted AF, and still do. My thought is that AF exists mainly to sell more expensive lenses.
That's probably more a product of my fertile imagination that reality.
I hope this rather abstruse note hasn't lost you, and I am going to pursue a focusing screen outlet I found in China. Maybe that'll pan out.

Tom

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Split image focusing screen [View all] , tfeazel Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Sun 03-Feb-13 03:43 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Split image focusing screen