Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

High ISO in the D600

Ray B

Worthing, UK
210 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: High ISO in the D600"

Ray B Registered since 17th Dec 2008
Sat 16-Feb-13 07:48 PM | edited Sat 16-Feb-13 07:50 PM by Ray B

Hi Jerry,

Yes so far I am but I should qualify that by saying I'm just shy of 1000 clicks so far in a limited number of shooting scenarios and others who've had their camera longer might be able to give a better answer.

In terms of IQ the extra DR is very noticeable and the files "pop" in a way that the D700 pleased my over the D7000 the D600 does over the D700 (if that intangible statement makes sense?). I've still only shot to ISO 3200 at this time and results are on par with the D700 but the noise I have seen looks more "pleasing" to my eye.

I suppose I'm saying what I see on my monitor as I process the files concurs with DXo's more scientific assessment in that this sensor rocks.

Or to put it another way the "film" in the D600 is my favourite to date in a Nikon dSLR by quite a margin.

So you ask if I'm glad I "upgraded" ? To me a very big YES

Of course to some it's a "downgrade" and a 'not for me" and I get that too. But heck this sensor rocks in a compact, lightweight form.

Regards, Ray

Visit: My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic High ISO in the D600 [View all] , dagoldst Gold Member , Sun 03-Feb-13 12:45 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: High ISO in the D600