Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I shoot lots of pictures - how often would I need to cl...

dagoldst

Little Rock, US
3093 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: I shoot lots of pictures - how often would I need to clean D600?"

dagoldst Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2012
Sat 02-Feb-13 04:20 PM

> I'm just trying to figure out the reality and practicality of
>getting a D600 for the way I shoot.

I shot a couple thousand familiarization images through the camera on either non-important stuff or shallow DOF images where you'll never see dust in those sorts of shots. I did regular in-camera cleanings during this time. I even shot a 2 hour time-lapse with mine during this with the aperture at f/11 without any visible issues.

At the end of this, I cleaned sensor thoroughly and I expect the camera will be normal going forward as far as sensor cleaning goes - mine was not as bad as what others have seen, I suspect the early cameras might have been a bit worse on this issue.

David

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof " - Carl Sagan

A general, generic topic I shoot lots of pictures - how often would I need to cl... [View all] , skiroc Silver Member , Sat 02-Feb-13 02:53 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I shoot lots of pictures - how often would I need t...