Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
dagoldst

Little Rock, US
3093 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Synch speed"

dagoldst Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2012
Sat 02-Feb-13 03:41 PM | edited Sat 02-Feb-13 03:43 PM by dagoldst

>My first camera was a Canon AE-1, and I never shot flash
>(back in the mid 1980s), especially off camera. So, when I
>ventured back into photography in 2011 with a DSLR, I alway
>figured it was 1/250, since I've only owned a Nikon DSLR.
>
>Thanks...very interesting about the 1/60 and 1/100 stuff!

Tim,

It also has auto FP 1/200th and 1/250th, which are handy for short distances where you can tolerate a reduced flash output. Read up in our Speedlight forums about Nikon abilities with flash - even the D600 is fabulous compared to other brands.

Another terrific link is for moderator Russ MacDonald's blog on CLS

I had a D70s with its hybrid shutter that allowed the 1/500th - but that shutter did weird things under certain exposure circumstances. That was the real reason Nikon stopped using it IMO. Then my trusty D200 was half that, no issues - I find even with my N80, (1/125th), I can get what I want with flash for my style of shooting. I guess like others, I am saying it probably will be no big issue.

David

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof " - Carl Sagan

A general, generic topic Synch speed [View all] , weavermt , Fri 01-Feb-13 04:53 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Synch speed