Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 sensor resolution

MotoMannequin

Livermore, CA, US
8582 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: D600 sensor resolution"

MotoMannequin Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Registered since 11th Jan 2006
Mon 17-Sep-12 03:11 PM

This is something to consider for DX users who are focal length limited i.e. you're shooting with your longest lens and still cropping from DX.

FX has a number of advantages, but if you crop deeper than DX you negate all of these, and are left comparing tech-for-tech where the D300 will still suffer somewhat due to being 5-year-old tech.

Anyway if that's your goal then the D7000 is a much better target, since it can give you that newer tech with a higher pixel density. But, I can say owning both that the D7000 is in no way a replacement for these very kinds of subjects (e.g. fast-moving, distant birds) so I don't expect D600 to be a better camera in crop mode either, even if it might push the D300 in image quality. You won't get the control layout, buffer basically forever, 51-point AF, etc. that keep D300/s users waiting for that D400.

Larry - a Bay Area Nikonian
My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

This is a hot, active topic! D600 sensor resolution [View all] , PRW Silver Member , Mon 17-Sep-12 06:39 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 sensor resolution