Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Question about the D600 lens performance on a D7000

Ray B

Worthing, UK
210 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Question about the D600 lens performance on a D7000"

Ray B Registered since 17th Dec 2008
Fri 01-Feb-13 09:40 AM | edited Fri 01-Feb-13 09:41 AM by Ray B

I agree with the advice you've already been given.

Having both a D7000 and D600 myself another big difference in favour of the latter is high ISO noise (or lack of it). If that's important to you the D600 blows the D7000 out of the water (no pun intended).

Another feature of the D600 that is greatly improved is the focal length aware Auto ISO for shutter speed, I find that very useful!

Really though both are great cameras and it comes down to what you want to shoot and how much you value the extra features and IQ?

As for lenses you are really in for a larger investment moving to full frame and that's something to consider. What the salesman told you is partly true in so much as the very best lenses are often FX and the best lenses will give you better better results on FX and DX bodies, but the D7000 with the very best lens won't compete with the same lens on the D600 at say ISO3200 for example. At base ISO in good light things even out though.

Regards, Ray

Visit: My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Question about the D600 lens performance on a D7000 [View all] , cheesie , Fri 01-Feb-13 01:11 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Question about the D600 lens performance on a D7000