Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D600 AE-L/AF-L button for Auto Focus issues and "?'s"

cwb1014

US
13 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D600 AE-L/AF-L button for Auto Focus issues and "?'s""

cwb1014 Registered since 05th May 2013
Thu 27-Jun-13 01:00 AM

Thank you, Stan, for your helpful clarifications and information on focus and re-composition. In some experiments I conducted today after writing my last comment above, I also determined that using AF-ON was very helpful under the circumstances. Additionally, it appears from my testing that there in no need to lock focus when using it, because, unless I'm mistaken, when you release AF-ON the focus is automatically locked where it was when you released it and that locked focus cannot be overridden by pressing the shutter release button halfway, regardless of the AF Mode or AF-Area Mode you are using, because merely assigning AF-ON to a button disables AF via the shutter release button. If I am mistaken on this point, please do let me know. That said, what I am hoping you can still do by pressing the shutter release halfway, when AF-ON is assigned to a button, is get VR to activate; from my testing I couldn't tell whether VR was activating under these circumstances or not, and I'd naturally be interested in your thoughts here...

This is a hot, active topic! D600 AE-L/AF-L button for Auto Focus issues and "?'s" [View all] , cocadori , Wed 30-Jan-13 12:28 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D600 AE-L/AF-L button for Auto Focus issues and "?'...